10 Musical Lists To Carry You Down The Aisle
Choosing the music for your wedding day can be overwhelming with everything else you have to think about. Since I am always all about “Telling Your Love Story With Music”, I thought giving you a few ideas to choose from might actually make things easier. So here are some of my favorite processional lists to get your creativity flowing.
1 . Bride and Breakfast – When their first list of wedding processionals came out, it was such a huge hit that Bride and Breakfast had to do a part one and a part two. So here are both lists! There are a lot of great ideas here, as well as YouTube videos for each song they listed.
2 . Bridal Musings– This Spotify playlist of quirky alternative processionals with Youtube videos attached, has some really unique ideas. As a bonus feature, there are also links to other kinds of playlists like: the bachelorette party playlist; the getting ready playlist; and the most romantic songs for your wedding playlist.
3. A Practical Wedding – if you are looking for some truly unusual processional songs, A Practical Wedding has come up with a list that in their words, “covers a spectrum of styles and tastes that you can walk, run, or dance down the aisle to.” I’d personally like to see some of those kinds of entrances!
4. Huffington Post – For another list of very non-traditional processional songs, check out this list from the Huffington Post, replete with YouTube videos of all 41 songs that they have chosen.
5. 3D-Memoirs – Now here’s a unique list – Wedding songs from movie weddings! This is your chance to walk down the aisle to songs from Bride Wars, or Wedding Crashers, or Sound of Music, just to name a few.
6. My Wedding Songs has published a list of the 100 best processional songs for 2019 in all genres. This is a great chart of each song with composer, date it was published, style, and Amazon links for purchase.
7. Love Laughter Forever After has a cute list for four different types of brides: The classic bride; The modern bride; The country bride; The rocker bride. This is just a list with no videos or listening links, but still some unique choices if you find yourself in one of these bride categories.
8. Wedding Ceremony Songs has a nice list of traditional, modern and religious songs. Although there are no listening samples, this list does include a little bit of background on each piece which is definitely interesting to me!
9. Wedding Chicks – Let’s not forget the big wedding gurus like Wedding Chicks! Here are two great lists from them. This first one is a unique list of 20 songs to walk down the aisle to, with photos from actual weddings, the processional and recessional songs listed for each one, and links to download and listen.
The second one is a list of ten alternative processional songs including YouTube videos.
10. The Knot – Finally, The Knot has a list of 100 processional songs, listed by genre with information on the music and a place to listen to each one.
Before you go, I’d love to hear what kinds of playlists you used or are using for your wedding. Take a minute a leave a comment.